Navigating Condo Investments: A Guide to Buying Bangkok Condo with 125 Sathorn
Looking at the real estate market in Thailand, one can observe that the Bangkok condo market is in a constant state of growth. Over the past few years, a significant number of condominium units have been constructed, leading some property experts to predict that the condominium market bubble in Bangkok may be on the verge of bursting.
Although the market experienced a slowdown during 2021-2022 due to the pandemic, condos in Bangkok, as of 2023, have regained their momentum. If you are planning to buy a Bangkok condo, tempted by the lower prices and the potential for a higher return on investment. However, it’s essential to delve into the details and conduct thorough research before committing to a condo investment in Bangkok.
Today, we will be delving into the critical details you ought to learn about before buying a Bangkok condo, as well as the reasons why 125 Sathorn represents the best investment in luxury condos.
Navigating the Condo Buying Process in Bangkok
As mentioned, Bangkok offers a plethora of condominium options. From luxurious high-rises to more budget-friendly units, the choices can be overwhelming. That’s why we emphasise the importance of thorough research.
Bangkok is a city of neighbourhoods, each with its unique charm and amenities. There are 50 districts and 180 sub-districts in Bangkok, covering 1,568.7 square kilometres, with the Chao Phraya River in the middle separating Thon Buri on the west and the Phra Nakhon on the east. Research the area that suits your lifestyle and investment goals best. Consider factors like proximity to public transport, schools, and recreational destinations.
Additionally, condos in different areas of Bangkok boast different prices. Condos in the central business district, like Sukhumvit, Ekamai-Thonglor, or Sathorn, are often higher in price compared to those located in the city outskirts.
It is always beneficial to observe the market trends and property values in different areas of Bangkok. Understanding how the market has performed in recent years can help you buy a Bangkok condo with an informed decision.
Bangkok has specific laws regarding foreign ownership of property. When it comes to buying a Bangkok condo, there is generally no prohibition on nationality, and any foreigner can legally purchase a condo, which is generally a freehold property.
Why Freehold Property?
In Thailand, foreigners can purchase condominiums as freehold property, allowing full legal and undisputed ownership of the property. As such, it offers distinct advantages for both expatriates and investors:
- Ownership Security – Freehold properties provide a strong sense of ownership security. You have the right to the property indefinitely, which can offer peace of mind.
- Flexibility – Freehold ownership grants you the flexibility to use, lease, or sell the property without stringent restrictions, making it an attractive option for investment and personal use.
- Potential Appreciation – Over time, freehold properties often appreciate in value, potentially providing a profitable return on investment.
- Legacy Planning – Freehold properties can be passed down to heirs, allowing you to create a lasting legacy for your family.
The Process of Buying a Bangkok Condo
The process of buying a condo in Thailand is relatively straightforward, with only a few requirements to meet:
- Foreigners can only purchase condominium units where less than 49% of the units are owned by foreigners. So, when buying a condo in Bangkok or any part of Thailand as a foreigner, you must check that there is foreign ownership available in your chosen condo building.
- The purchase of the condo has to be made with money sent from overseas to Thailand. For instance, a foreign country account, and converted to Thai Baht. You will need an official bank statement (‘Foreign Exchange Transaction Form’, FET form).
The Appeal of Sathorn, Bangkok
Among the many districts of Bangkok, Sathorn is rapidly becoming the sought-after location for buying condominiums. The ‘Sathorn’ district encompasses the area between Klong Sathorn in the north, Chan Road in the south, and Rama IV Road in the east. It is considered a major transportation hub, connecting Bangkok Phra Nakhon and Thonburi sides.
Sathorn is also a central business district (CBD) with convenient access to numerous attraction sites, eateries, entertainment venues, and not to mention the luxurious Bangkok condos populating the area.
In addition, this area has seen significant progress in recent years and has become a hub for luxury accommodations and upcoming mixed-use megaprojects. This offers many advantages for those seeking to invest in a Sathorn condo, such as:
- Strong Investment Returns – Sathorn is home to numerous multinational corporations, making it an attractive destination for professionals and expatriates seeking high-end living spaces. This consistent demand can translate into excellent rental yields and property appreciation.
- Top-Notch Facilities – Many top condo properties in Sathorn offer residents top-of-the-line amenities, from well-equipped fitness centres to sky gardens and beautiful recreational facilities.
- Convenient Transportation – Sathorn is well-connected to the BTS Skytrain system and major expressways, allowing for effortless travel to other parts of the city.
125 Sathorn Condo: An Ideal Investment Choice
125 Sathorn is an absolute must-visit for anyone considering a condo in Sathorn, whether as a primary residence or an investment property. This luxury condominium project aspires to become ‘The Exceptional Home on Sathorn,’ setting the standard for luxury living. Situated in the prestigious Sathorn neighbourhood, 350 metres from BTS Chong Nonsi, this ambitious project offers an exclusive and esteemed setting.
125 Sathorn Condo is a freehold property comprising two 36-floor buildings hosting 755 units, each with a 180-degree panoramic view. The amenities include a Sauna, a Fitness Club, a Writers’ Music Room, a Co-Working Space & Library, a Yoga Room, The Sky View Entertainment area, and more. 125 Sathorn is EIA Approved, with construction underway with targeted completion in 2026.
For any additional inquiries about the 125 Sathorn project, visit 125Sathorn.com or make an exclusive appointment to see the showroom units at the new Sales Gallery at KRONOS building, G floor on North Sathorn Road.